Send us your poetry to be featured on our website — for McGill students and recent alumni.
We're now accepting submissions for our special Zine edition of Snaps!
When you think of identity, do you think of a specific person's? Your own, perhaps? Or do you think of a collective identity?
Perhaps you wonder about the identity of unknown, even unknowable beings. Maybe you attended our Identity workshop series on the self, the other, solitude or space, and decided to develop one of the pieces you wrote with us. Our upcoming Identity zine will explore it all. Submit your work by March 24, 2023!
We accept poetry, short fiction, and inter-media pieces. We encourage pieces with visual components!
Each piece will be accompanied by a visual on the website. If you'd like to send an original image please do, if not we will provide one!
Please submit everything in a single file
You may submit a maximum of five pieces at once
We will only publish one piece at a time from each poet
We will only consider unpublished writing (personal blog/social media is fine)
Short fiction/creative non-fiction: 2 page limit, Poetry: 40 line limit
All works must follow the values outlined in our community guidelines.
How to Submit
- Send your poem(s) as a pdf or word document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "last name, first name: Snaps Submission"
- Please include the title of your work in the email
- Please include a short, third person bio with your submission
- Tell us how you would us to credit you (e.g. pen name, full name, first name only)
- We'll try to get back to you as soon as possible once a decision has been made regarding your submission, ideally within one month
- Note on social media sharing: if your work is selected, we may feature your artwork and/or excerpts of your poems on our Instagram page.